GFG IR29i - Combustable Gas (NDIR) Detector
IR transmitters have become recognised as reliable gas warning systems for explosion protection. They are used to detect individual combustible gases or a wide range of gases. This involves sending an IR beam with a certain light intensity through a measuring space and then capturing it with a detector. Parts of this beam are absorbed by, amongst other things, hydrocarbon molecules. The reduced light intensity of the beam is registered by beam detectors and converted into a signal as the existing gas concentration % LEL.
A special feature of our IR technology is its ability to also measure combustible gases above the bottom explosion limit (uniqueness). Moreover, the measurement does not require oxygen. With this technology there is basically no risk of contaminating the sensor, e.g. through silicone vapours or hydrogen sulphide when using catalytic combustion sensors.
- Hydrocarbons such as: methane, propane, butane, etc.
- Measuring ranges 0 .. 100 % LEL
- Measuring method: Non-dispersive IR sensor (NDIR)
- Gas supply: Diffusion Response time t90 ≈ 35-50 seconds
- Electrical characteristics: Supply circuit 15 .. 30 V DC; 0.6 W
- Signal circuit 0.6 W Interfaces 4 .. 20 mA
- Power consumption I max. = 50 mA total for 24 V = 1.2 W
- Operation: Display 33 x 53 mm LCD graphical display Normal mode or histogram mode
- Service function: Connection of the remote control RC 2 Remote control wired RC 2 125 x 60 x 38 mm
- Range: 10m with display; with 3 buttons
- Ex approval: II 2G EEx ia IIC T4
- Non-wired IR remote control RC 3 60 x 45 x 13 mm Range: 0.5 m without display; with 3 buttons
- Ex approval: ` II 2G Ex ia IIC T6
- Data memory: Ring buffer and data (not for intrinsically safe version) Min., max. or dia. values for the last 2, 8 or 24 hours Environmental conditions: Temperature Operation: -20 °C .. +55 °C Storage: -25 °C .. +55 °C
- Air humidity 0 .. 99 % RH 0 .. 95 % RH non-condensing
- Ambient pressure 750 .. 1200 hPa, optionally compensated
- Housing: Housing material V4A stainless steel (housing) Polycarbonate (display, front and end cap, foot and bracket)
- Dimensions 98 mm x 96 mm x 48 mm (L x W x H)
- Cable connection: Shielded measuring cable 4 x 0.75 mm2 to 500 m 4 x 1.5 mm2 from 500 m M16*11
- Protection class: IP67 IP56 with rotatable display
- Expected average sensor service life: >5 years
- Approvals: ATEX certification II 1G Ex ia IIC T4 Ga C0158 EC Type
- Examination Certificate: BVS 11 ATEX E 164
We aim to Delivery products with you within 4 weeks of receipt of order. However, in exceptional circumstances delivery may be up to 6 weeks due to manufacturer lead times. Please inform us if you require fast delivery as we will do our utmost to expedite your order.
Please contact us directly to discuss quantity purchases and additional discounts. We will subsequently provide you with a formal quote with the applied discount, which will be valid for 30 days
Many of the products you have seen are available for hire, so feel free to contact us if you would prefer to hire this instrument.