Sensepoint XCD - Toxic/Oxygen Gas Detector
Sensepoint XCD now has remote monitoring capabilities for its toxic and Oxygen sensors. Its remote capability is designed to offer excellent flexibility of use and is an ideal solution for hard-to-reach locations or areas where the transmitter needs to be separate from the sensor. With remote toxic and Oxygen sensor mounting of up to 100 feet (30m) away from the transmitter, Sensepoint XCD provides a robust monitoring solution even in challenging environments where detection is difficult, including applications where the point of detection is in an area that is not easily accessible or where the detector would not be visible, like in high or low level concealed areas or outside a room being monitored.
Sensepoint XCD is easy to use. The sensor simply plugs into the bottom of the transmitter and the transmitter automatically configures itself accordingly. Users can modify detector operation using the LCD and magnet switches without ever needing to open the unit. This enables one-man, non-intrusive operation and reduces routine maintenance time and costs.
A tri-color backlit LCD clearly indicates the unit’s status at a glance, even from a distance. A steady green backlight indicates normal operation, flashing yellow indicates fault and flashing red indicates an alarm.
All detectors are supplied pre-configured and include two programmable alarm relays, one programmable fault relay as well as an industry standard 4-20mA output (sink or source selectable) and MODBUS communication. The scale, range, relay operation, alarm set point and electronic tag number of the detector can be adjusted using the transmitter's LCD and non-intrusive magnetic switches. Outputs are automatically inhibited during adjustment, thereby reducing the risk of false alarm at the control panel during maintenance.
Additional Features and Benefits:
All-In-One Gas Monitoring Solution
- Flammable (catalytic or infrared), toxic and oxygen versions available
- Serves new/retrofit, indoor/outdoor applications
- Stainless steel or aluminum explosion-proof housing options
- IP66 as standard
Proven and Reliable Sensor Technology
- SurecellTM electrochemical sensors
- Poison immune infrared sensors
- Poison resistant catalytic bead sensors
- Long life sensors
- US and Latin America, European, Canadian and Asian
- Compliant with UL, INMETRO, ATEX, IECEx, CSA, KTL, PA, GB and CCCF standards
Easy to Use
- User friendly and intuitive tri-color backlit display with digits, bar graph and icons
- Fully configurable via magnetic switches
- Optional remote sensor mounting
- Selectable sink or source 4-20mA output
- Auto-inhibit during maintenance
- MODBUS communications for remote diagnostics/configuration
- Common transmitter platform
- Minimal training required
- Reduced spares
- Non-intrusive, one-man operation
- Plug-in sensor replacement
- MODBUS multi drop option offers cabling savings
- Plug-in display module removes to give access to terminal area
- Integral mounting bracket
- 2 x M20 or ¾” NPT cable/conduit entries
- Removable plug/socket type terminal blocks for
- Sink/source switch to suit preferred wiring topology
- Integral mounting plate attaches to surface, horizontal or vertical piping
Transmitter provides comprehensive monitoring of combustible, toxic and Oxygen gas hazards in potentially explosive atmospheres - indoors and outdoors.
Features & Benefits
- All-in-one gas monitoring solution
- Proven SurecellTM electrochemical sensors
- Global approvals
- Input voltage range: 16 to 32 VDC (24 VDC nominal)
- Communication: RS485, MODBUS RTU
- Certified temperature range: 40° to +149°F (-40° to +65°C)
We aim to Delivery products with you within 4 weeks of receipt of order. However, in exceptional circumstances delivery may be up to 6 weeks due to manufacturer lead times. Please inform us if you require fast delivery as we will do our utmost to expedite your order.
Please contact us directly to discuss quantity purchases and additional discounts. We will subsequently provide you with a formal quote with the applied discount, which will be valid for 30 days
Many of the products you have seen are available for hire, so feel free to contact us if you would prefer to hire this instrument.